Wednesday, January 11, 2012

#247 Must-Have Shoes

Last year I read an article about 10 shoes every woman must own. You can read the article yourself, but will give my take on it.

1. Nude Peep-Toe Pumps. No. I like them on others, but they elongate the leg (the nude color blends in with the leg) and my legs are long enough, thank you very much.

2. Black City Boots. I do have a pair of these. Not too high of a heel. Pretty comfy.

3. Ballet Flats. LOVE ballet flats! I especially like them with a bow on the toe. I have several.

4. Wooden Platform Sandals. I have a couple pair of these. One is more of a cork heel. The other is covered in fabric. Both are really comfortable.

5. Canvas Sneakers. I have a couple pairs of Chuck Taylors.

6. Black Pumps. I have a few of these in different heel heights. One is a pair of Nine West 3" Mary Janes with pointy toes. I just bought a pair of Sofft black patent leather Mary Janes. Love them!

7. Metallic Sandals. The only metallic sandals I have I bought as a bridesmaid for a wedding. Other than that, I am lacking in this category.

8. Suede Booties. I do have black smooth leather booties, but none in suede. I do have some Sofft maroon suede 3" Mary Janes though.

9. Flat Leather Sandals. These I do have. I wear these in the warmer months when I go out on the town so I don't tower (as much) over the guys.

10. Gorgeous Work-of-Art Shoes That Make You Happy. I have one pair of these. I bought them last year to wear to a banquet. My dressy outfit consisted of an Isaac Mizrahi black tulle skirt I bought for around $10 on the sale rack at Target and a shiny silvery sleeveless top I got on super sale at Ann Taylor. I felt that I could splurge a bit on the fab shoes that really made the outfit. I found some J. Renee silver sparkly 3" heels with an ankle strap.

What's in your closet?

1 comment:

  1. Black pants and the same shoes I wear every day :)

    ReplyDelete